Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sami_nl

Calendar function - Nothing appears

Hello,Data-CALANDAR-DAXData-CALANDAR-DAX

I am new with Power BI so I need some help about some projects that I have since a few days. I am actually working on an open source project with Wallmart 's data. I'm trying to create a calendar function with fax in order to analyse my data in a certain period of years.
However, I don't know why, but when I apply my calendar function nothing appears. I mean there is not any error message, but any column created.
What should I do? I need some help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sami_nl 
First you are creating a measure while you need a calculated column. 2nd, you are using a table function (CALENDAR) to return a scallar value which is not allowed. Can you please advise what is the expected result that you are looking for?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sami_nl 
First you are creating a measure while you need a calculated column. 2nd, you are using a table function (CALENDAR) to return a scallar value which is not allowed. Can you please advise what is the expected result that you are looking for?

Hi , 

Your are right it was not possible . So I did it with the M language. I created a list and then convert it .

List.Dates(#date(2011, 12, 31), 5, #duration(1, 0, 0, 0)).

Thank you very much

CALENDAR.PNG

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

what do you mean by "apply my calendar function"?

I mean once I execute my function, my calendar function doesn't create any column. execute_functionexecute_function

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors