Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pmcmonag
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

CALCULATE > FILTER > USERELATIONSHIP combination for secondary date field not working

I'm struggling to find a working combination of filters and then using USERELATIONSHIP to return values based on a different date field. Dummy example below and file too. 

I'm trying to use a combination of filters to return (1) successful 'pitches' over £500K+ (2) that return based on a secondary date field. 

(1) is fine just using two FILTER functions in the 'Successful over £500K+' measure. 

(2) on it's own works in the 'Value by Confirmed Date' measure - honouring the intial filter context from the slicer. 

Putting these into one measure, as in the screenshot produces blanks, rather than where expected. 

Annotation 2020-02-05 145347.png

Example File 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Try to use like this : 

Calculate ( your function with filters ) ; userelationship()
So u just put your measure inside another Calculate measure  :    

example : CALCULATE(
CALCULATE(SUM(BASE[ MARGE ACT]);FILTER(BASE;BASE[ MARGE ACT]<0);USERELATIONSHIP('Date'[Date];BASE[Date])

HOWEVER as i see u are linking two differents tables in your filters (1 and 2)
so for this i would try this measure(but there should be a relationship between two tables) : 
CALCULATE(SUM(BASE[ MARGE ACT]);FILTER(BASE;BASE[ MARGE ACT])<0;FILTER(RELATEDTABLE('Paramètre');'Paramètre'[Paramètre]<0);
USERELATIONSHIP('Date'[Date];BASE[Date])

Hope its clear

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
Try to use like this : 

Calculate ( your function with filters ) ; userelationship()
So u just put your measure inside another Calculate measure  :    

CALCULATE(SUM(BASE[ MARGE ACT]);FILTER(BASE;BASE[ MARGE ACT]<0);USERELATIONSHIP('Date'[Date];BASE[Date])

HOWEVER as i see u are linking two differents tables in your filters (1 and 2)
so for this i would try this measure(but there should be a relationship between two tables) : 
CALCULATE(SUM(BASE[ MARGE ACT]);FILTER(BASE;BASE[ MARGE ACT])<0;FILTER(RELATEDTABLE('Paramètre');'Paramètre'[Paramètre]<0);
USERELATIONSHIP('Date'[Date];BASE[Date])

Hope its clear

Thanks this worked! I'm not entirely sure why, I guess something to do with context/ context transition!? I just needed the extra 'CALCULATE' wrap around as the tables were already related. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.