Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Budget Cost Table

Hi everyone,
A new Power BI user around here .... i would like to make a question about how to make a budget table wich specific months.
Every month I receive an excel file with a Cost budget FY that is split in 12 months, where month by month the YTG budget planning is changing. For example... in the Budget of March, July is different of the July of the Budget of April.

So, how can i carry out a DAX that allows me to bring into a table  the spend planned in January, from the January Budget, the spend of February, from the february Budget, and so on?

Thanks in advance?

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Sounds like you have two date columns (Month Budgeted and Month of the Budget).  Assuming you have a Date table, you could have two relationships, one to each of these columns.  One would be inactive, but you could write measures with USERELATIONSHIP() to activate it.  In the same DAX expression you could then calculate the amount in one column as a function one or more of the values of the other, and visualize it all.

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Well wouldn't the latest version of the budget also have previous months in it?

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,  though the latest versión of the budget comes with the actuals for the ytd., not whit the forecast of the previous months of each month.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.