Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ayyappa5678
Helper III
Helper III

Slicer of filter values are with data type (i.e) whole integer, But not getting search option?

Hi Team,
Good Morning!

Currently in my slicer of filter values are with data type i.e whole interger. and the values are shown with 12 digit number like below snapshot. Can you please suggest, If data type change it to text then we will get serach option, but it is not correct way. Please suggest how to fix this issue(suggest with snapshots please) or any DAX or any other way.
Kindly help me to fix this issue. Thanks in Advance.

Ayyappa5678_0-1676916003585.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VishalJhaveri
Resolver III
Resolver III

Yes, convert the datatype of the column to Text type and you're good to go with the filtering.
OR
If you want the existing column to act as Number column + You want to search & filter the data then : duplicate the column to create another column and set the data type of the duplicated column to TEXT type and pass it in the slicer. 

Thank you.
If my answer helps you, please mark it as solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ayyappa5678
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks for your help.

VishalJhaveri
Resolver III
Resolver III

Yes, convert the datatype of the column to Text type and you're good to go with the filtering.
OR
If you want the existing column to act as Number column + You want to search & filter the data then : duplicate the column to create another column and set the data type of the duplicated column to TEXT type and pass it in the slicer. 

Thank you.
If my answer helps you, please mark it as solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.