Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharing Power BI Visualization with Third party users

Hi

Recently I got a request from the business, they want to share a Power BI visualisation with the client. My company has Premium Licence, however the client doesn't want to pay for a licence and the client doesn't have an Office 365 Licence

I believe we could use the Power BI Embedded service which provides a dedicated workspace for each client. The service generates a App Id and Workspace Id to be used for the web to embedded the visualisation. My question is any posiblity to achieve this using SharePoint iframe ? and how the user authorisation works in SP ?

Please remember, user doesn't want to pay for a licence and doesn't have  365 Licence

Also I need to understand when a client has a 365 licence this means we can add the client into our B2B and share the reports with them ? do they require the Power BI licence ?

Any ideas of how we can achieve this will be greatful 

Kind Regards

Isabel  

1 REPLY 1
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Yes, you are right, you can use Power BI Embedded Service for this goal.

As I remember, you should store somewhere an access token and a refresh token to orginize a process.

I believe, that Sharepoint has tools to communicate with APIs.

Unfortunately, I am not an expert in Sharepoint to solve this issue.

You should ask in that thread -- may be there you will get an answer.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors