Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ccsnet
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Visualisation - Missing and Duplicate Lines - Sorce Data Correct - Relationship Issue?

Hi all, sorry this may not be the best post but I am still finding my feet with Power BI.

I have a few sources of data I pull on to create a single view.

As part of that build I have had to create relationships.

What I didnt know was adding the sources was changing what was in the view, I now have duplicate lines (not sure why as feilds look the same) and missing rows (I assume as all data was not found for a reason).

I had one additonal senario where there are 3 URL records which is associated with the 'project record' or row.

When added it removed all other data except these three where I simply just wanted to add the data of it matched and was available. 

Nb duplicates do not appear on a less complicated page. 

Is there a setting some where on a visulation that can tidy this up as its not the raw data or some thing I can look at on the relationships ?

Sorry I can not show examples directly due to the content.

Thanks

Terran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@ccsnet 

Sorry, I couldn't understand what exactly is the issue that you are facing but if you are concerned about showing items regardless of data availability then, try turning on "Show item with no data"

Fowmy_0-1703771214238.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ccsnet
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

As thought I had a relationship problem. 

Still need to work out how to fix, I think it will be another table, then I can re implement it. 

Thanks

T

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@ccsnet 

Sorry, I couldn't understand what exactly is the issue that you are facing but if you are concerned about showing items regardless of data availability then, try turning on "Show item with no data"

Fowmy_0-1703771214238.png

ccsnet
Frequent Visitor

Hi Fowmy,

Thanks for that - I think part one of my issue is resolved.

Intestingly I could only find it when creating a new visulation but I was able to do it so thanks.

For my second part - duplicates I have just grabbed this, sorry its only a small part.

Capture.PNG

The above is a single entry in data source 1 but it seems to be duplicating and blanking some feilds. All these shown here are actually from the same record in the same data source yet I am getting a duplication in lines. 

Terran

@ccsnet 

Sorry, it's a bit hard to figure it out without more details about your model.

ccsnet
Frequent Visitor

OK... Thanks... I'm heading down the relationship route and or indexing but if I find the solution I will post here for others. Thanks for your help so far. 

T

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors