Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DataVitalizer
Super User
Super User

Power BI Community nickname & email address

Hi Community,

I want to get informed before making couple decision about my current ID:

1. Would changing the nickname keep the history of all contributions and kudos withint the community?
  2. In case I requested changing the used email address related to the current account, is it required that the new address be professional? Does it have to be associated to a Power BI license?

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Natalie_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @DataVitalizer,

Thank you for your questions. 

1. When you say nickname, do you mean your username?  If so, yes your contributions will remain intact as well as if you change your email address.
  2. Your email address does not have to be organizational nor associated to a Power BI license.

If you decide you want to change either your username or email address, please start the process by filling out the support form found here: aka.ms/FabricCommSupport.

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Natalie_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @DataVitalizer,

Yes, you can use the link for both a change in username and email address.  You will need to fill out the form once for the username and once for the email address so we ensure that we gather all required information.

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager 

Natalie_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @DataVitalizer,

Thank you for your questions. 

1. When you say nickname, do you mean your username?  If so, yes your contributions will remain intact as well as if you change your email address.
  2. Your email address does not have to be organizational nor associated to a Power BI license.

If you decide you want to change either your username or email address, please start the process by filling out the support form found here: aka.ms/FabricCommSupport.

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager

Thank you @Natalie_iTalent for your reply.

May I use that link for both, changing the email address plus changing the username.

Thank you in advance.

Hello @DataVitalizer,

I apologize for the late response.  Yes, you are able to use the form for both requests. 

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors