Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rommelot

No data in the report after a manual or scheduled refresh in PowerBI portal

Good day. 

I have a PowerBI Report that is fetching data from a sharepoint. its shows some data and a value with conditional formatting (will show as Icons based on Rules)  if the Bad Order column is True or False ( read as Text in PowerBi Model, originally as a Yes/No field in the sharepoint list ).

I published the report to app.powerbi.com. the Report shows the data.

But when i do a manual refresh or a scheduled refresh in PowerBI ( or a refresh through a Power Automate action ), the report won't show any data. 

I don't have a problem refreshing the data in powerBI Desktop. but the refresh in app.powerbi.com renders the table with no data. 

I have delete the report and dataset online many times and republished the report. it always works once, but after a refresh, the data is gone. 

rommelot_0-1647620686503.png

Ive read some similar posts on this forum. but the issue is still there, though this article below is on  Report Server.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/After-a-scheduled-refresh-the-report-has-no-data/td-p...

Its been the 2nd day since im trying to make this simple report work, but its not showing the data everytime i do a refresh. 

hope that anyone can help me to troubleshoot and fix this issue. 

Thank you very much. 

2 REPLIES 2
Manishg

i am facing similar issue, where desktop refresh works ( Bi linked to sharepoint list) and updated the report but the published online report on my work space does not, i am having to refresh and republish the report from Bi desktop each time. I am not sure how True/false coloumns work in my case. Could you provide some insights, thanks

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rommelot ,

The problem may be caused by some mismatch between powerbi desktop and powerbi service functions.
At Power BI Desktop. for the Yes/No (Boolean) column, the values are TRUE/FALSE. But in Power BI Web in the same column after the refresh, the data appears to be -1/0, with -1 for TRUE and 0 for FALSE.

To resolve this, you can modify the filters in Power BI Desktop. You can use advanced filtering at Power BI Desktop itself. Specifying TRUE will work properly at Power BI Desktop and specifying -1 will make it work correctly after Refresh at Power BI Web service. For other visuals where you want to show false values, you can use advanced filtering, with a value of FALSE, or 0.

You can refer to a similar solution.

vhenrykmstf_0-1647930140539.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors