Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evelien Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: After a scheduled refresh the report has no data

Thanks for your reply, @markp

@v-qiuyu-msft

@microsoft

Could you please help?  It is a very crucial step to be able to refresh the data on the server, whether manually or automatically.

Thanks.

Evelien

Evelien Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@markp

@v-qiuyu-msft

I have found the solution - at least for my reports - and I hope it will also help you.

In the page filter of the report I was using a Boolean expression (XXX = TRUE).  By changing the Boolean values in the table (and therefore also in the filter) to a numeric value (XXX = 1), the report after a refresh on the service does no longer return a blank report.

So, even though the filter on a Boolean expression works perfectly ok in PowerBI Desktop, it does not on the service after refreshing with a data gateway.

Hopefully this will be of any help for your reports as well.

Kind regards,

Evelien

fedia_boughatta Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

the same case for me here,

I fixed it with automatic refresh I delete the old reports on the server and I re-published them  and when I need to refresh them I use only PowerBi Desktop.

I hope powerBI team fix it.

trchourasia Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same issue. Did you find any solution ?

Tanvi

Evelien Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I do no longer have the issue.  For me it was solved by not using any dimensions with a Boolean value (TRUE/FALSE) in my page filter.  It might be worth checking if you have this as well.  You can then replace the Boolean value by numeric value (1/0).  Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Evelien

trchourasia Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

My report does not have any Boolean value in the page. And, the issue still persists.

jazzhanya Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi everyone,

I’m having the same trouble with my dashboard. It started to happen 1-2nweeks ago. I can see all the data shown in the reports with Power BI Desktop. But I cannot see any data shown in the same reports with Power BI server. If I re-publish the pbix. file to the server (i tried both my workplace /app workplace) then I can see the data in the reports again. But if I refresh the server page, all the data disappeares..
camillem
Advisor

I have also been experiencing this issue. For one of my dashboards, the data disappears after a scheduled refresh by the Power BI service even though the refresh has no errors and is displayed as successful in the UI. I checked my report and did find that some of my data was in the boolean format so I switched those and reuploaded to Power BI Service. Several of the scheduled refreshes since that succeeded and I still have all the data. For now, it seems that switching the boolean format or simply reuploading it has at least resolved the issue for now for my display.

Is this bug logged anywhere with Microsoft?

@camillem

I see that you recently encountered issues with one drive refresh. My one drive power pivot dataset was modified on thursday.

I still dont see changes in the service. I have done numerous manual refresh and the scheduled refresh is also succesful

This dataset has been regularly updated and we have never had any issues with seeing changes in the service

Please let me know if you found a resolution and how

camillem
Advisor

@svishwanathan, the issues I was experiencing with OneDrive refresh earlier were unrelated to this. Regarding my OneDrive refresh issue, I did find that I had to re-enter the credentials for the dataset (using OAuth2) in the scheduled refresh section in the Power BI service. After I didn't have issues with the OneDrive source refresh.