Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MartinMehaudy
Helper I
Helper I

Issue - After removing someone's role, they lost access to any data in the Dataset

I granted my collegue access to a Dashboard of my creating, then assigned her a specific Role so she only sees a portion of the Data. I later removed her from that role, but now she's not able to see any data.

I expected her access to be just like before granting her the role but it wasn't the case. I believe I can make a Full-acess Role (would be a dummy role with no specific filter at all), but I wish I didn't need to.

Please check if some solution can be provided on this issue.

Thanks!

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@MartinMehaudy

Can the user access to your dashboard before you assign any role to her? As far as I know, we need to create a role with no filter, and then add the user to this role to make her see all data with no restrict.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@MartinMehaudy

Can the user access to your dashboard before you assign any role to her? As far as I know, we need to create a role with no filter, and then add the user to this role to make her see all data with no restrict.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Hi V, that's right, I needed to create an "All" access, with no filters, and assign people there.

Thanks for the reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors