Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PBI Select Visual does not filter any results

Hello.

I have a PBI Visiual Line stacked bar chart. I have two measurements, one of sales from the current year and one from the previous year.

When I select the bar related to the current year, all of my other visuals (charts and graphs that show results by category) change to show data related to the visual. When I select the previous year's sales, all of my images are blank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Syndicate_Admin ,

You can check the following:

1. Probably related to the fact that you use the Now() function in your formula, the time display in the Power BI service is different from the time display in the Power BI desktop.

The time in Power BI Desktop is determined by the system time set in your local computer.

The time in Power BI Service is based on the time zone of the place where your data exists.

2. Also related to date formats, such as dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyyy, you can use the FORMAT function in DAX expressions to solve this problem.

Solved: Power BI Service - Data Missing after refresh - Microsoft Fabric Community

3. If there is a Boolean data type in your dataset, it may cause this to happen. You can modify the Power BI filter to solve it,

Reports doesn’t show data in Power BI Web service after refresh – Issue with True/False values (c-sh...

After a scheduled refresh the report has no data - Page 2 - Microsoft Power BI Community

4. You can check to see if any filters are affecting the appearance of the data, and if you click the reset button to revert back to the default state.

If the results don't meet your expectations, can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Syndicate_Admin ,

You can check the following:

1. Probably related to the fact that you use the Now() function in your formula, the time display in the Power BI service is different from the time display in the Power BI desktop.

The time in Power BI Desktop is determined by the system time set in your local computer.

The time in Power BI Service is based on the time zone of the place where your data exists.

2. Also related to date formats, such as dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyyy, you can use the FORMAT function in DAX expressions to solve this problem.

Solved: Power BI Service - Data Missing after refresh - Microsoft Fabric Community

3. If there is a Boolean data type in your dataset, it may cause this to happen. You can modify the Power BI filter to solve it,

Reports doesn’t show data in Power BI Web service after refresh – Issue with True/False values (c-sh...

After a scheduled refresh the report has no data - Page 2 - Microsoft Power BI Community

4. You can check to see if any filters are affecting the appearance of the data, and if you click the reset button to revert back to the default state.

If the results don't meet your expectations, can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Do your visuals contain data related to previous year measurement?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.