Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

what happens to report when user loses Pro license

I know Link has been offered a solution to a similar question, but in order to actually answer this question from that article you would have to make a lot of leaps and assumptions.

There are 2 cases where this comes into play.  1) An employee leaves the company and their AD account becomes deactivated.  2) We don't have enough licenses for everyone in our company so it's feasible that someone may have their pro license taken from them and given to someone else in their department.

In either of the above cases, what happens to Dashboards, Reports, and Datasets that belong to users who either don't have a Pro license any more, or don't exist in the company anymore?

If I were to extrapolate from the above linked article, is it saying that the things they own will disappear 30 days after they lose their license?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

#1, You can login his account and manually download/export his reports and use other account(who has pro license) to publish and handle these reports. (configuration datasource,setup refresh and share to others) If these he has share to group workspace, you can use other account to 'take owner' for shared datasets.

#2, I'm not so sure if expired policy are work for the accounts who cancel the pro license, their contents might be removed immediately instead cached until expiry date. Maybe you can contact to office 365 support to know more about this.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

#1, You can login his account and manually download/export his reports and use other account(who has pro license) to publish and handle these reports. (configuration datasource,setup refresh and share to others) If these he has share to group workspace, you can use other account to 'take owner' for shared datasets.

#2, I'm not so sure if expired policy are work for the accounts who cancel the pro license, their contents might be removed immediately instead cached until expiry date. Maybe you can contact to office 365 support to know more about this.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors