Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Frequent Visitor

switching users from @company.microsoft.com to @company.com Accounts

One of our clients switched their logins and I can't figure out how to change the account to let them see their reports with these new accounts.

Whenever I try to invite person@company.com to the report, it remains as person@company.onmicrosoft.com - even if I delete the access beforehand.

Any suggestions how to tackle this? It seems like the service kept the information in the background and is autofilling it.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @123456789123456 ;

This is a normal phenomenon, as far as I know, your user changed the login name, if you still use person@company.onmicrosoft.com account is ok, you can try it.

Similar to an original user name, the original user name remains the same although the login name has been changed.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sadly it does not work still. Maybe there is a missunderstanding about the issue so I'll try to rephrase:

We built a report for another company, so external users are granted access on a report on our company workspace.

The client had access with multiple useraccounts of both kinds:

person1@company.com

person2@company.onmicrosoft.com

Person2s account was now switched to person2@company.com - since the change the report is not accessible anymore, Errormessage "Report not found".

Person2 send a Screenshot of his Account information to verify and has a Pro licence Account with mailadress person2@company.com

Person2 did delete cookies and cache and tryed to logg into powerbi app via inkognito tab

Person2 was removed from Access and reinvited

Person2 clicked a non personal link to manually request access

All of which did not change the fact that Person2 has no access and when I try to add person2@company.com it will remain on person2@company.onmicrosoft.com and a redo of the whole login situation will result in person2@company.onmicrosoft.com being listed instead of my person2@company.com input

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors