Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasH-R

"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_CancellationOrTimeoutError" add MySQL datasource

I can not connect to MySQL datasource adding a MySQL datasource to my power bi gateway.  

When adding a MySQL datasource I must select which database I connect to but it seems that when I try to connect to the MySQL server the following query is run: 

This is the query run on the MySQL server and for my case it takes forever because there are many databases on my MySQL server and these databases contains many tables.

select TABLE_CATALOG, TABLE_SCHEMA, TABLE_NAME, TABLE_TYPE, CREATE_TIME AS CREATED_DATE, UPDATE_TIME AS MODIFIED_DATE, TABLE_COMMENT AS DESCRIPTION
from information_schema.TABLES;

This query takes too long time for my MySQL server to process under the alotted timeout of 60 sec. 

idselect_typetabletypepossible_keyskeykey_lenrefrowsExtra
1SIMPLETABLESALLNULLNULLNULLNULLNULLOpen_full_table; Scanned all databases

It seems like the query that is done during the adding of the datasource to my gateway actually scans all the databases on the MySQL server for info instead of the provided one. 

I am wondering where I go from here. I can not connect to my datasource since the query takes too long and I always end up with a CancellationOrTimeoutError.

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ThomasH-R

Are you sure you already specify the correct database name when creating the data source in Gateway? 

The information_schema is an instance level database which stores the information of all other databases in MySql. So it supposes to navigate to your specified database directly. 

If it keeps showing this error with database name specified, I suggest you create a support ticket.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors