Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thumma
Frequent Visitor

"Cannot connect to the mashup data source"

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble trying to refresh the data in power bi service. I'm trying to connect Athena database using ODBC connection.

The ODBC connection have connected with no issues, however, when I try to refresh the data, I'm having this following error:

thumma_0-1667219459280.png

But the data is being refresh on powerbi desktop with the ODBC connection not on service, any help would be appreciated as the error is not clear to me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @thumma 

Based on the error message you provided, although you confirm that your local .pbix file can be refreshed normally, the refresh error still looks like a Power query problem: "the table has no visible columns and cannot be queried", if it is convenient for you to download this report as a .pbix file again and enter Power query to see if each query can load all the data normally.

Here are links to some related error cases:

The table has no visible columns and cannot be que... - Microsoft Power BI Community

apache spark - Querying Delta.io tables with Power BI returns the "The table has no visible columns"...

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @thumma 

Based on the error message you provided, although you confirm that your local .pbix file can be refreshed normally, the refresh error still looks like a Power query problem: "the table has no visible columns and cannot be queried", if it is convenient for you to download this report as a .pbix file again and enter Power query to see if each query can load all the data normally.

Here are links to some related error cases:

The table has no visible columns and cannot be que... - Microsoft Power BI Community

apache spark - Querying Delta.io tables with Power BI returns the "The table has no visible columns"...

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @thumma 

When it is refreshing via the On-Premise Gateway, the error is saying that the table has no visible columns. If you can make sure that your table dim_profile is returning columns. 

And also that the username and password being used via the ODBC in the Gateway can query the tables?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors