Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gowthamveera
Frequent Visitor

power bi embedded

We have created pbix file using data set created using azure sql database in power bi desktop with RLS feature to filter dashboard based on the user login.
We need to import this pbix file into power bi embedded in azure portal. We have power BI pro license. We are not able to create a workspace in azure portal even though we have pro license.
Can't we create workspace and import our reports inside azure portal with free or pro license ? or what is the process flow ?
Another concern is, after moving report into azure portal. We need to embed it in our application. based on the logged in user, dashboard should display. how can it be done ?
We do have power BI pro license and azure AD. Anything else i am missing out ? 
Quick reply will be very helpfull. 
Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

@gowthamveera Check out the documentation on this page. Understand that for embedding in external applications a lot has changed just recently. The API's were unified and the process for embedding has changed. In addition, while you can develop a solution with a Pro license, in order to share it you will need an Embedded Premium license for end users. That rolls in at 625.00/month for the smallest sku.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for timing reply @Seth_C_Bauer

So, we need to have pro license in order to create a solution. Premium license is needed only when we share it.

What about this concern ? 

Based on the logged in user, dashboard should display. how can it be done ? 

Attaching the azure portal screenshot indicating that powerbi pro license is added, but still not having permission to create

new collection in powerbi embedded

powerbiembedded.pngpowerbiprolicense.png

Hi @gowthamveera,

It seems you got everything. Did you read the official documents? What error messages did you get?

powerbi-developer-embedding-content

powerbi-developer-integrate-dashboard

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft 
My question is whether i need premium license for this steps ? 
I got answer from other member's of Power BI community. 
can you add your views/points adding to other contributor's ? 

link is : http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/POWER-BI-EMBEDDED/m-p/212178#M6701 

Thanks,

Gowtham

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors