Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ovonel
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

measure/column changes when opened in pbix and when deployed in app.powerbi service

I need a measure/column in my cube (.bim file) to display the ‘latest refresh date’ of the cube...

To achieve this, I have a calculated column with code     =NOW()

ovonel_0-1659009084709.png

My problem is that when I consume it from .pbix the date shows up in one language and when deployed to service app.powerbi.com it changes name….

(pbix)

ovonel_1-1659009084711.png

(when deployed in app.powerbi)

ovonel_2-1659009084711.png

I need to make sure that if I open the pbix and if I deploy in app.powerbi I see the same… How can I prevent this?

(Ideally I would like to see both in English).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ovonel ,

On service, the date display format is related to the language setting of the browser itself, but in power bi desktop, the date display format will be affected by the locale setting. I understand that you want the dates to be displayed uniformly in English, and it is obvious that there is a difference in desktop.

So, you can check the "region settings" in the desktop's options and change it to English.

vmengzhumsft_0-1659407694344.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ovonel ,

On service, the date display format is related to the language setting of the browser itself, but in power bi desktop, the date display format will be affected by the locale setting. I understand that you want the dates to be displayed uniformly in English, and it is obvious that there is a difference in desktop.

So, you can check the "region settings" in the desktop's options and change it to English.

vmengzhumsft_0-1659407694344.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Considering you don't need the field "to be a date" and the purpose is to show that text, you can use FORMAT to transfort it to a text with the format you wish. E.g.

FORMAT ( NOW(), "yyyy.mmmm.dd" )

More info: https://dax.guide/format/

I hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

what do you mean? i cannot format to any other language:

ovonel_0-1659015287321.png

ovonel_1-1659015294910.png

Sorry I missed a piece of answer. That will help you define de format. The language is something that depends on the browser by default. Power Bi Service will show the date, decimal points, thousands separator, etc in the browser language that might be different on what you have in your local environment.

I hope that make sense

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors