Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

kill scheduled refresh

Any way to kill a scheduled refresh after its started?

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @masplin,

You can disable the scheduled refresh under settings pane.

Schedule refresh

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

no i mean kill it after its started?

There is no way to kill a refresh that is already started because this is controlled and hosted by Microsoft.

Now quite true as you can go into task managed and end all the mashup tasks , but that is pretty painful to do. 

One issue is i have parameters in my pbix to reduce the data size while working on it, but these need changing when you publsih. However you publish and it immediuately starts refreshing. you then wait for it to finish, update the parameters (as they get overwritten ) thne refresh again. all very time wasting. 

Is there any option to not refresh automaticalyl when you publsih or to not overwrite the parameters?

From database stand point yes you can kill any jobs, from PBI Service standpoint you cannot stop an already executing refresh. Also, every time you publish the refresh will happen by default as PBI is loading the dataset on cloud for the defined parameters. I have not seen a work around for this but sounds like a decent one to have.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors