Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yvitancio

embed a url with parameters in a web page without having a power bi pro or premium license

Good day with everyone

I would like to embed a url generated in power bi through the option "File - Insert report - Publish on the web (Public)" and pass it parameters, but I do not have a pro or premium license, the question is if this is possible to do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @yvitancio 

The link generated by 'Publish to web from Power BI ' is public, unprotected which is accessible to everyone without any permission.

The link generated by 'Embed report > Website or portal ' need either a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license or the content needs to be in a workspace that's in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU).

In addition,there are a couple of things to be aware of when using the query string parameters.

78.png

Please refer to this document for more details.

considerations-and-troubleshooting 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @yvitancio 

The link generated by 'Publish to web from Power BI ' is public, unprotected which is accessible to everyone without any permission.

The link generated by 'Embed report > Website or portal ' need either a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license or the content needs to be in a workspace that's in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU).

In addition,there are a couple of things to be aware of when using the query string parameters.

78.png

Please refer to this document for more details.

considerations-and-troubleshooting 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

AntoineTRICHET
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @yvitancio 

If somebody with Pro license provides you the URL you can embed in your page (I think). But only people with Pro license will be able to visualize it. The other solution is to take Power BI Premium capacity (it is not a license but a storage/calculation capacity) and put your Power BI report in such Premium workspace. Then people will be able to visualize what you embeded without license. (I think Microsoft offers another service related to embeding).

Hope it helps you

Please accept it as a solution if it answers your question

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors