Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zivhimmel
Resolver I
Resolver I

date filter acting funny in the service

Hi,

I'm seeing a very weird behaviour, where using the date picker(see in red),

actually picks a date for the second date field in the filter(the And/Or option).

There's no way to pick a date for the first date option, other than typing manually.

Any ideas?

date picker issue.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
jjaspe

We're having the same issue, initially we just couldn't get dates picked to show in text field, but we just verified that the first datepicker puts date on the second field. We're on East US Azure.

Thanks. Good to know I'm not the only one (though sorry this is happening to you too).

I wonder what can be a solution.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zivhimmel,

I test on my side both methods all works well.(click on datepicker icon to choose date, manually input date)

Can you provide more information about this?

>>There's no way to pick a date for the first date option, other than typing manually.

Current power bi filters not contains any autofill features, you need to manually choose or input.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for checking.

When I click on the first date picker and I pick a date, it simply does not do anything to that date.

It just updates the second one!

So let's say for example you want to choose a range which "is on or after" 1/1/2017 and "on or before" 5/1/2017,

you click on the first date picker to select 1/1/2017, you select it, and it updates the second field (where you want to pick 5/1/2017).

The first field does not get updated, and the only option is to type it manually.

I checked it on several reports, several browsers, several machines, even checked with a different client of mine!

I wonder if it has to do specifically with the Power BI service in Australia. We are in New Zealand and getting services by Azure in Australia I suppose.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors