Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kapildua16
Frequent Visitor

convert GMT time zone to user local time in Service

Hi Everyone,

I have two columns name Start Time(GMT) and End Time(GMT), now there can be n no of user who is use to use this table and want to see Start Time(GMT) and End Time(GMT) according to their time zone format instead of GMT time zone

i created two columns below:

Start Time (User Local) ='Last Refresh Date DWS'[Start Time] - (UTCNOW() - NOW())

End Time (User Local) ='Last Refresh Date DWS'[End Time] - (UTCNOW() - NOW())

the above columns works well for me in Desktop but when i publish the dataset to service workspace i am not getting the correct result.

I am getting the same value in Start Time (User Local) and End Time (User Local) as start time(GMT) and End time(GMT) in service.

can anyone help

2 REPLIES 2
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kapildua16 ,

Here're some solutions in the following links, please kindly refer to

Solving DAX Time Zone Issue in Power BI - RADACAD

Create Last Refresh Time that respects Daylight Saving in Power Query - YouTube

Power BI Time zone conversion-multiple Countries| Convert GMT into Local time zone| Day Light Saving...
Hope the resolutions mentioned can help you solve the problem.

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bhanu_gautam
Super User
Super User

Hi @kapildua16 ,Power BI service operates in the UTC time zone, and evaluates all locale based time functions in that time zone. Power BI Desktop evaluates them according to the locale of the user.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors