Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emveha
Resolver III
Resolver III

cannot load model

since a few days one of our PBI users cannot use reports based on a specific dataset and she gets the message "cannot load model". Other colleaguees do not have issues accessing this datamodel and i checked my gateway connection and she is added as a user. Already removed her PBI account and create a new one but still the issue remains.

hope you can help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emveha ,

Do the users have access to the data model?Do they configure the data source in service successfully?If their user name in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) doesn't match a UPN in your local AS data model,they need to map users in their data source configuration.

Here is the reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @emveha ,

Do the users have access to the data model?Do they configure the data source in service successfully?If their user name in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) doesn't match a UPN in your local AS data model,they need to map users in their data source configuration.

Here is the reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-enterprise-manage-ssas

Best Regards,
Kelly

in this case, the issue was caused by the fact that the user was not added to the proper group in AD. Analytic server roles pointed out to the missing group and that caused the issue. Adding the user to the group solved the issue. Thanks for all the help!

@v-kelly-msft@nickyvv 

The user has access to the dataset, I even tried to map the user as proposed by Kelly but still no change in the issue. \The user cannot create a report if this dataset is being used, any other dataset is not giving any issue.....User still gets this message:

Cannot load model.

Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Underlying error code: -1055391743=Underlying error message: Either the user, 'DomainXXX\jdoe' does not access to the 'Sls_XXX' database or the database does not exist. Correlation ID: 15aa433c-633c-24c7-819c-b7f861a8a475
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2146233088
Activity ID: 76282630-ebf0-40c1-bcaf-e128ee014419
Request ID: a5de1fcb-c1dd-36db-d92c-d332ca5acf4f
Time: Mon Mar 09 2020 14:02:11 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.12522.196
Client version: 2002.4.021
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

\

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @emveha 

Providing the access rights to Sls_XXX database for the DomainXXX\Jdoe should resolve your issue.

Hi @emveha

1. Make sure the reports you are creating in PBI  are pointing to the right server and cube

2. Make sure the datasources in your Enterprise gateway points to the right server and cube. 

Simple but something you easily can forget if you have several environments. Tried deleting the SSAS datasources in the Enterprise Gateway ,re-create them , make them point to the right server and database to see whether it works.

Best Regards,
Kelly

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @emveha,

I don't see any issues on https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/.

I have a few questions that might clarify things a bit:

• Where does the user get this error message? In the Service or in Desktop?
  • Is the data model Import or DirectQuery?
  • Is the user able to open (and maybe refresh) the report in Desktop?
  • Does the model have one or multiple data sources?

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

@nickyvv 

to be honest, i never seen this issue before and its happening in Service. The dataset is an SSAS generated model and i did not try to open the report in desktop, which i will try to do afterwards.

Strange thing is that other people do not have this issue and i checked profiles of other users but there is no difference to be found.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks for the update. One other question, do you see more details with the error message? What does that say?
The only other thing I can think of is missing rights to the SSAS model?

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors