Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GeorgeVBI

Zoho Creator connector: "unable to connect to the remote server" in PowerBI Service

Hi,

I am having trouble with the Zoho Creator connector in PowerBI. I have added it PowerBI Desktop and have successfully created a report based off the data in one of my tables following this guide from Zoho: https://www.zoho.com/creator/newhelp/setup/zoho-creator-connector-for-microsoftpowerbi.html.

I have also published it successfully following this guide from zoho: https://www.zoho.com/creator/newhelp/setup/publish-dataset-microsoftpowerbi.html.

However, I am having trouble when setting up the scheduled refresh from this guide: https://www.zoho.com/creator/newhelp/setup/refresh-dataset-microsoftpowerbi.html.

I am getting the error of "Failed to update data source credentials: Unable to connect to the remote server" when entering in the same credentials I used to make my report in PowerBI Desktop. 

I have contacted Zoho and they have stated the below:

"After carefully reviewing the steps you followed, it appears that the procedures were correct. However, it is important to note that the error seems to be originating from PowerBI itself. As a result, we are unable to determine the specific cause of the error from our end."

They have advised to reach out to PowerBI Support but I wanted to check here first incase anyone is having the same issue? Thank you in advance.

I have put screenshots below of the process:

1. Clicking on edit credentials and the 'Sign in' button. The 'ExtensionDataSourcePath' field is correct. (I have tested with all Privacy Levels and still get an error)

GeorgeVBI_1-1687985150648.png

2. Clicking accept to allow PowerBI to access with the same Zoho account my report is getting the data from.

GeorgeVBI_2-1687985177265.png

3. After waiting ~30 seconds the error appears:

GeorgeVBI_3-1687985237182.png

4. This is the error thrown when trying to click the manual refresh button:

GeorgeVBI_4-1687985320471.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GeorgeVBI

I have used this connector before on another account and it works perfectly. I decided to login to both Zoho Creator accounts and I compared every possible setting. 

I found that the 'Localization' was set to 'User's Zoho account language', where as my other account is set to 'English'. I updated it to English and went back to PowerBI Service.

Aswell as this, I changed the Privacy level setting to 'Private' and now it works... Please note I tried all Privacy level settings before and still got the error. Now that I changed the Localization to English in Zoho Creator for my App, it works. 

Thought I'd update it here incase anyone else comes across this issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GeorgeVBI

I have used this connector before on another account and it works perfectly. I decided to login to both Zoho Creator accounts and I compared every possible setting. 

I found that the 'Localization' was set to 'User's Zoho account language', where as my other account is set to 'English'. I updated it to English and went back to PowerBI Service.

Aswell as this, I changed the Privacy level setting to 'Private' and now it works... Please note I tried all Privacy level settings before and still got the error. Now that I changed the Localization to English in Zoho Creator for my App, it works. 

Thought I'd update it here incase anyone else comes across this issue.

GeorgeVBI

It sometimes also throws this error aswell on the manual refresh:

[DataSource.Error] The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.

GeorgeVBI_0-1687986912024.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors