Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

diogoeverson

You don't have any data gateways

In my enterprise enviroment we have user developing dashboard using Power BI desktop. And we have a server with on premise data gateway that we use to create data sources. It works fine for most developers.

But an specific developer created a dashboard that works fine in local mode. But when he publish it, in Gateway connection he should see the option for mapping the local data source to gateway data source but he got the following message "You don't have any data gateways".

The on premise data gateway in server is up to date. I restarted it. The respective data source exist and is in use for other users. The user have permission in this data source. I took the pbi file and published using my account and it was fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had few time ago a nice chat with Microsoft support and It seems that the cause was difference between local data source name and gateway data source name. But was an especific case about Simba Athena DSN that I should use in both sides the default name and I was changed the local odbc dsn name and even keeping this same new name in odbs > power bi > destktop > gateway did not work. When I turned all back to the original default name it worked.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Have you added the developer into list of users that can use the specific datasource in the gateway. This has to be done by gateway admin under settings > manage gateways

Tutu_in_YYC_1-1648744631150.png

Add user here:

Tutu_in_YYC_0-1648744549084.png

Yes. I did it.

I had few time ago a nice chat with Microsoft support and It seems that the cause was difference between local data source name and gateway data source name. But was an especific case about Simba Athena DSN that I should use in both sides the default name and I was changed the local odbc dsn name and even keeping this same new name in odbs > power bi > destktop > gateway did not work. When I turned all back to the original default name it worked.

Can you get a snapshot of the developers screen for the gateway mapping of that dataset?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors