Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Writeback Power BI

Hi 🙂

so I would like to enter comments directly in the Dashboard und get this "written back" into the data source (e.g., xls). Is there any free tool, that allow Power BI write back to the database cache?

Best regards,
Nirvana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nirvanakarolina ,

To implement the write-back functionality, we create a canvas app in Power Apps from a Power BI report. The app captures data from the Power BI report and creates a gallery out of it; at the same time, the app is connected to the same data source as the one feeding Power BI – we are going to use this to write the data.

Please refer to the following document for more information.

Power BI data write-back with Power Apps and Power Automate - Azure Architecture Center | Microsoft ...

Writeback Comments: How To Implement Them in Power BI & Power Apps (zebrabi.com)

Write Back from Power BI using Power Apps - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

If you want to connect to Excel from Power Apps, refer to this document.

If you have any advanced requirements about writeback feature, I'd like to suggest post to power app community to get further support:

Microsoft Power Apps Community 

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nirvanakarolina ,

To implement the write-back functionality, we create a canvas app in Power Apps from a Power BI report. The app captures data from the Power BI report and creates a gallery out of it; at the same time, the app is connected to the same data source as the one feeding Power BI – we are going to use this to write the data.

Please refer to the following document for more information.

Power BI data write-back with Power Apps and Power Automate - Azure Architecture Center | Microsoft ...

Writeback Comments: How To Implement Them in Power BI & Power Apps (zebrabi.com)

Write Back from Power BI using Power Apps - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

If you want to connect to Excel from Power Apps, refer to this document.

If you have any advanced requirements about writeback feature, I'd like to suggest post to power app community to get further support:

Microsoft Power Apps Community 

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, I'm not sure what you are saying but it sounds like getting feedback from users and storing the answers. You can just use forms and a button inside PowerBi Report. Check this video out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WfITrMl0hc

I hope that's what you are looking for.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors