Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

LW2016
Frequent Visitor

Worksheet scheduled refresh with servers in different timezones

Hello,

I have a worksheet imported into a Power BI workspace that uses an on-premises gateway connection to return SQL server data via Power Query and then uses Power Pivot to create a pivot table from the data model.  I have a scheduled refresh on the worksheet for 7 am EST, however, we have two DNS entries.  One server is in EST and the other in PST.  We just switched to the PST server, and now the workbook refreshes at 4 am EST, which is before all the data I need is compiled.  Is there a way to make the refresh dynamic, depending upon which timezone the active server is located in?

1 REPLY 1
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @LW2016 

If you're referring to automatically changing the timezone for scheduled refreshes in the PowerBI service, it may be difficult to achieve currently. 

But I think you can configure scheduled refresh for the corresponding time period under each time zone.

Please adjust the scheduled refresh time in the corresponding time zone to the time in UTC+0.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors