Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luis-martins
Helper I
Helper I

Why do I have this Error, what is the table of the Error

Hello guys!

Thank you in advance for your time!

My question is, in this moment I have a dataset with aprox. 50 tables, diverses DataBase and Worksheets. 

And I have this Error " The key didn't match any rows in the table", I know what is the problem because recently one of my collegue change the name of a sheet that we are using. 

But my question is, Is possible to know with the Request ID and the Activity ID which table have the error (API ou some webpage)?

Because if I didn't know this alteration I would have to run the model in my desktop, see which table has the error and solve to republish the dataset right?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not unless someone knows of a PowerShell command to get it. Tables in Power BI are associated with ID numbers, not names. Those are friendly names for your use. The error logs don't always return user friendly info.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
edhans
Super User
Super User

yeah, even if you can get the specific table from the service, you still have to go fix in the Desktop, so I almost always start with the source PBIX anyway.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Hello,

Yeah, so doesn't exist a way to know?

Thank you

Not unless someone knows of a PowerShell command to get it. Tables in Power BI are associated with ID numbers, not names. Those are friendly names for your use. The error logs don't always return user friendly info.

Oh ok I see, Thank you, I guess I have to continue to solve and change my code to avoid this type of error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors