Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andreiak
Frequent Visitor

What is PowerBIRESTAPI.Navigation() module?

Hi all,

We've been using a Report Usage dashboard for some time now, which was biult by a PowerBI contractor who has left the business a year ago. I've noticed that the report has not been refreshed for several months. 
Upon downloading the PBIX file and examining the data model to understand where our data comes from, I discovered the use of a PowerBIRESTAPI.Navigation() module.
Here is a typical PQ code utilising the module:
let
Source = PowerBIRESTAPI.Navigation(),
AppWorkspace = Source{[Key="AppWorkspace"]}[Data],
Workspaces1 = AppWorkspace{[Key="Workspaces"]}[Data]
in
Workspaces1

When attempting to refresh the preview in Power Query, I now encounter an error related to this module, indicating it's missing.

Expression.Error: The import PowerBIRESTAPI.Navigation matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

Does anybody know what this module is, where it's located, and what requirements it has for usage? If it's no longer functional, what other options do we have for obtaining statistics on the Power BI service?

I would be grateful for any information that could assist us in building a new report.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiewu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andreiak ,

1.It may be a custom connector that allows to interact with the REST API.

2.Try to use the web.contents in Power Query to call REST API.

Web.Contents - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Learn

3.Consider alternative sources such as the Power BI admin portal.

Embed Power BI content in an embedded analytics application with service principal and an applicatio...

Best Regards,

Wisdom Wu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. My guess it's a custom connector for the API because the function doesn't exist at docs. It might be this one: https://www.thepoweruser.com/2021/02/21/power-bi-rest-api-connector/

You might need to download the files to let power bi understand it.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors