Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nari1998
Helper II
Helper II

Viewing who has access to shared Power BI dashboard

Hi,

I have had a link shared of a power bi dashboard which is outside of my organization. The owner wants to see and know who have access to the dashboard and which roles and permissions. However i dont see anyone other than the owner having access to the file, but he said that other people are accessing it.

What is the fix to this issue to be able to determine who have access to the dashboard and with which roles/permission?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The users who have permission to a dashboard can be checked in two places. First, check people at the workspace those users will have view access to all the content. If you have PowerBi App you should check in there too. Then you can check for the specific dashboard if you click three dots and "manage permission"

ibarrau_0-1697545694229.png

You should see in there specific people that can view the dashboard. Pay attention to the "Permission" column because if they have "all permission" or "reshare", consider that the user can share the dashboard without asking additional permission and I can be reshared again.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi @ibarrau thanks for the information. I'm aware of it, but the user claims it is shared with others but when i went into manage permission, i saw no one except for the user that shared it (who is the owner of it). What can it be?

Regarding dashboards those two are the only ways of sharing with Power Bi. An alternative would be if you have a web app embedding conent. Dashboards have more limitations for sharing.

Unless you are talking about reports because reports can create links for the whole organization when sharing:

ibarrau_0-1697549117225.png

But you could check that at the manage permission anyway, so you should ask for evidence or screen of a user and what are they actually seen in order to understand what's going on.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks, will do that!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors