Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

v_mark
Helper V
Helper V

View all the tables/view used in a tenant

Is there a way to view all the table or views used in a entire tenant or workspace? 

We have multiple workspace and multiple reports underneath. Is there a quick way to do it?

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

are you on premium or using power bi pro licensing?    What is your goal, are you trying to understand the total data objects used?  There are many ways to achieve what you are doing. 

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hey @vanessafvg, currently in pro. We are trying to see what are the tables/view used on each report. We have an old table in the data warehouse that has an old data and never loaded new data ever since. The idea is check which report is using it. I'm not sure if there is a way to check it from the ssms side but I think in power bi will be a good starting point. Hundreds of report out in the wild. 

do you know the  table or view you want to see if people are using?

there are 2 aspects of this really.  

1. Is tthe table present in the model and if so where

2. if it the table is present who is using it or what repot is using it.

so for figuring out where the tab/view le is if you use dax studio under the dmv view you can search for a table or view but this will be manually per power bi dataset / model

vanessafvg_0-1668549563136.png

you could create that in a report, or do it adhoc 

in term of how its being used.   I am not sure you can actually tell what tables are being used

but this might help 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-modern-usage-metricshttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-modern-usage-metrics

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes I know the table. I love dax studio really. My only concern is I have to open the report 1 by 1 to view it. Is there a way I can see  everything for example on a workspace level? Up to the native queries used inside power query? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors