Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using DataFlow and keep data that is deleted in the source.

Im using DataFlow to integrate data from a SQL database into Powerbi dashboard. The source that im using will only keep one week of history however i want the DataFlow to retain more then that specific week. What would be the options for me to enable this?

5 REPLIES 5
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

That would be a bit tricky out of the box. 

I do have an idead that MIGHT work in the dataflow but most likely would work in the desktop.  If you made a new table in that Dataflow and then appended your weekly dataflow table to it then you would have the larger table that has all of your data.

The next thing that you might try is to use Power Automate instead to get the data and put it together.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @collinq ,

I hope you dont mind me asking, but how would i do that? Im only aware of 'loading' from a source using dataflow. I have not yet seen options to 'çopy to'

Please advice

Hi @Anonymous ,

In the Dataflow you would have to use the Append function to move the data.  There is not a "copy" function as you point out.  So, part of the process would be to bring in table 1, then append that to table 2 and so every week when table 1 changes, it just keeps adding to table 2.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you talking about Azure DataFactory or DataFlow as part of PowerBI?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you perhaps provide a screenshot?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors