cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unable to create app workspace

When trying to create an app workspace with one group member, I get an error message, saying something went wrong, with the details beneath (sorry about the language, but guess the content should be understandable).

When trying to create the app workspace, it says that the workspace id is avalable. I have tried both including members, not including members and myself.

Is there anyone who has experienced the same, and/or might know what could fix this problem?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Ove

Aktivitets-ID5326812d-38d6-ecb4-c648-881747f24d72
Forespørsels-ID90ebb089-fcb3-e53e-4f52-a6b8f3e1b628
Korrelasjons-ID5f0a83cb-896a-e55d-6b53-6c6524799535
Statuskode500
KlokkeslettMon May 15 2017 10:41:06 GMT+0200 (Vest-Europa (sommertid))
Versjon13.0.1700.2143
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Unable to create app workspace

Hi @ovemor

Regarding to this issue, please review the answer in the following knowledge base.

Couldn't create the group

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ovemor are you a Pro license user? Do you have other App Workspaces, and this is a new error, or is this the first time creating one with this account?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I am using a trial license at the moment. This is the first new workspace I've tried to create after the update to app workspaces.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ovemor

Regarding to this issue, please review the answer in the following knowledge base.

Couldn't create the group

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Lydia. I'll try to get hold of the right persons to see if that might be the issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I also face the same:

Activity ID314aadd4-d093-9272-d250-5b5cb71b22f2
Request ID4ce1ca78-9f79-cdcf-c432-26d45c0267de
Correlation IDfd00ddde-5622-b0f0-d434-100a75d73d61
Status code500
TimeMon Jun 19 2017 00:21:31 GMT+0300 (Jerusalem Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.2502
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Lydia, you were spot on! The problem was that we were not allowed to create Office 365 groups.

I heard that this would be solved in some future release, so that it is possible to create app workspaces without creating new Office 365 groups.

Best,

Ove

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I tried creating an app workspace without adding anyone to the group. But then I got this error:

Something went wrong
Couldn't create the app workspace.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Get help
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ayushnigam268: See reply from @v-yuezhe-msft above. Are you allowed to create Office 365 groups?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

yes, I can create groups. Today I tried creating an app and it worked without any error. Thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Upcoming Events

Community Summit North America – Join Online!

Join this community-driven Power Platform digital event for unbiased support and problem-solving.

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Top Solution Authors