Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

fastrnu80
Employee
Employee

Unable to access my workspace "Cosmos DB Engineering Systems"

All the sudden I don't have access this workspace, and I don't know why.  I am the owner of this workspace (I created it years ago) but for some reason I find I am not now and I don't see it in my list of workspaces. Can someone help get me access to this workspace again?

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fastrnu80 ,

For new app workspace (V2), when deleted workspaces haven't reached the data retention policy to be completely removed, you can try to restore them. Please refer:

HOW TO RESTORE POWER BI WORKSPACE USING POWERSHELL;

Recover & Restore Deleted Power BI Workspace (Step by Step).

For classic app workspace (V1), when the time to delete the workspace is less than 30 days, please refer to this document: Restore a deleted Group.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My workspace was within msit.powerbi.com. Who do I contact to restore? I am not admin of this Power BI.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Let's assume that is a classic (v1) workspace.

Let's also assume that the last admin of that workspace has left the company (and you are not actually the owner).

If both assumptions are true then you're in for a rude awakening.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors