Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jar2019
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to Share to SharePoint with Embed in Sharepoint

Hey guys, 

I am attempting to embed a report in a modern SharePoint page. The only way it will allow me to Embed is by using the </embed/> web part in SharePoint and using the "Embed" link from PowerBI service. It will load right up, I can view it, etc.. *(Picture included)*

I want to use the "Embed in Sharepoint" from PowerBI service and the PowerBI web part from Sharepoint as it allows me to hide the navigation tabs and filter pane. When I copy the link from PowerBI service and paste it into the web part, nothing loads it is just stagnant as shown in the attached picture. I tried from another office 365 space for my company and it loaded right up when I pasted the code so it must be something from SharePoint but I am not sure why I can load just using the "embed" and not "embed in Sharepoint". 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

J

CapturePBI.JPG

CapturePBI2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jar2019 ,

Please refer to this case to find the solution.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jar2019 ,

Users or groups need access to both the SharePoint Online page and the report in the Power BI app to see the report on the SharePoint page. Please check again.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

I understand that access has to be granted. The weird thing is though when I attempt to embed the report it just doesn't load. It does load when I try loading in my office 365 tenant sharepoint. The sharepoint I am trying to embed to is outside my office 365 tenant. Do you think this would be an issue? 

Hi @jar2019 ,

Please refer to this case to find the solution.

That is insightful. However, what if the person embedding the report is an external user? I am an external user to the SharePoint tenant but have guest access already provisioned. When I go into the external SharePoint the only way I can embed is using the "Embed" and not "Embed in SharePoint". I prefer to use the latter as it includes some functionality I need such as hide the filter and nav pane. In the meantime, I have used the "Embed" option and appended &filterPaneEnabled=false and & navPaneEnabled=false to the URL and it seems to work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors