Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LarsK22
Regular Visitor

The report cannot be displayed because the underlying dataset uses row-level security (RLS)

Hello Forum, 

I have the case that I have published several datasets and associated dashboards via the Power BI service. I then display these for my colleagues via a SharePoint overview.
Now I have the problem that some users get the following error message - and can not see the dashboards.

• The report cannot be displayed because the underlying dataset uses row-level security (RLS)

I have already managed the accesses to the respective workspace, dataset and report and added the respective people with the appropriate permissions. However, without success the error persists.

Subsequently, I pressed the 3 dots at the corresponding datasets and looked at the "Security" area. There are roles stored. However, only for certain persons. Other people who do not have roles can see the reports, but others who do not have roles can not see the reports.

There are two areas in the sharepoint. One for Sales, for which the permissions were created, and a general one for other departments.

Is this a bug or how can I solve the problem? Would be a possibility to remove the roles in general?

Thanks in advance and many greetings,

Lars

3 REPLIES 3
Brunner_BI
Super User
Super User

Everyone who should see some data needs to be as "viewer" in the workspace of the dataset.

Besides obviously adding them to RLS groups in the "security" tab.

What is the procedure when people should see everything from the dashboard?  E.g. the team leader should see everything. The respective field staff only their specific country area.

I had always handled this by not adding them in the "Manage Role" area. However, now you get the error listed above.

You can create a role that has no filter applied and then assign them that role.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors