Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RonaldMussche
Frequent Visitor

The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface dedicated capacity

Hello,

Since we linked the workspace to a dedicated capacity (A2 service tier) we get this error in the powerbi service:

We're sorry, an error occurred during evaluation.;
Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 11952.
Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 11952.
Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 11952.
Used features: (none). Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 11952..
The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: Today

The table is changing every time. Refresh is going fine in power BI desktop and in another workspace (not linked to a dedicated capacity)

We already upgraded the capacity to a A2 service tier because the memory workload was to high. But we can't find a way to see which report is using the most memory and how to reduce this. We don't have memory trashing after the upgrade.

Don't know for sure if this is related to the data refresh. The report that is failing to refresh is using OData, SQL and dataflow connections.

Hope someone can help us with this matter.

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RonaldMussche ,

I found a similar issue here.

You could refer to the following suggestions:

The Error “Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD” is due to memory issues on the capacity. It could be intermittent as it is affected by other workloads on the capacity depending on what jobs are running at the time of refresh.

To mitigate this we suggest

1. Increase dataflows’ max memory % and decrease the Datasets max memory % by same quantity. (If they have default settings then increase dataflows to 40% and decrease Datasets to 80%)
  2. Increase Dataflows container size to 1500Mb. This will reduce parallelism and potentially reduce intermittent failures.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks for your reply. I tried to alter the settings, but I get the error:

There was an issue updating your workload settings. Try again in a little while. 

I tried it today and yesterday. The dataflows is configured to 20%, while it should be minimal 24%:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-premium-workloads

Memory usage is currently 3.9 GB out of 5GB.

Any ideas why I can't update the settings?

Kind regards,

Ronald

Hi @RonaldMussche ,

Please test again. If the issue still occurs, please create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors