Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text Filter are not working in Power BI Service

Our Text Slicer (marked yellow in the picture) in our Report are not working combining Power BI and Chrome (89.0.4389.114). What can i do? It works with firefox, but the company has an chrome-Standard. I have uploaded the Report from Power BI Desktop (March-Version), but it did not help.

Unbenannt.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Width: 160 not working, 175 working (font: Segoe UI) 

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any hints? 

Hi @Anonymous 

I test a text slicer in Google Chrome Version 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it works well as below. Can you use other computers to test this, or create a new report with some dummy data to test this visual? Maybe it only happens on a specified computer or on a specified report?

040503.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-jingzhang 

I created a new report with dummy data and it worked. It also works on the app of the original report and on firefox.   I than tried to change the existing report online, put the search field "off and on" but that did not help. Could you look into the report? I now see, it works, when I add new data-slices. So something must have been changed?

Hi @Anonymous 

Not sure what the cause is. Since it works when you add new data-slices, maybe you can add a new slicer in the report to replace the original one as a workaround?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the bug. It comes with the width of the search field. If the width is not large enough, Power BI refuses the "input" in the search field.

Weird... Can you share what the width is when you see the issue? Go to Format > General > Width. I cannot reproduce this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors