Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sleopol
Frequent Visitor

Something went wrong error when saving a dataflow

Good morning,

I wanted to make a post this morning to ask about an error I'm running into when saving a dataflow. 

I'm currently working on a dataflow that is comprised of 4 linked dataflows that are being used to merge together to make a main dataflow. (see below). 

I'm changing one line in the SQL code on a copy of the linked dataflow open order schedule staging and adding a new filter. After this I'm changing the linked table source for open order schedule staging to this new dataflow. The dataflow I'm adjusting is saving fine and refreshing, but when I go to add it to the copy of the production dataflow open order schedule and press save the something went wrong error comes up. 

The dataflow I'm adjusting a copy of is refreshing fine in production as of today, but even a copy exported directly out of production without changing the source of the linked table will not save. 

I've met with someone from Microsoft support, but they haven't been able to find a solution on their end. Has anyone else faced a similar issue to this, and if so do you know of a solution to fix this error? 

Thank you, and happy Monday! 🙂

Error Message:

sleopol_0-1704722358433.png

Current Linked Tables: 

sleopol_1-1704722396876.png

1 REPLY 1
v-yaningy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @sleopol 

This is a known issue that we have seen on our internal platform and other engineers have reported and submitted this issue. The engineers on the product team are now aware of it and will do their best to resolve the issue.
I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors