Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sloobie
Regular Visitor

Some visuals not rendering when exporting to PDF

I have recent issue with exporting my reports from PowerBI Service to PDF. Previously they have exported fine.

Issue:
If there is a Bing map on the page it stops chart visuals from showing up on the export.
Matrix, slicers, cards will export fine.

Troubleshooting steps already tried and ruled out:
If I take the map off (or hide it) everything works. Not viable as I need the maps.

It is not the filled map causing issue.
It is not my browser or internet speed. I have had multiple users try and we all have the same outcome.

Nothing is overlapping.

It happens on the smallest sized report to much more complex ones.
They export fine from Desktop.
I am on the lastest versions of PowerBI.
I've tried a blank test PowerBI file from scratch not changing anything but adding one chart and one map. Same result the chart doesnt show.

This forum has helped me with so many issues the past and looked to see if anyone has a solution to this before posting. But I am desperate for a resolution as its impacting the company I work for as these reports are used frequently by lots of users.
I found Solved: Re: Visuals Not Showing on PDF Export - Microsoft Fabric Community asking similar thing but no resolution that works for me.

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Thank you for your reply. I have previously read this page and my reports don't have any of those limitations. They've exported fine for over a year and I haven't made any changes to them which is why this is all the more frustrating.

Then it is likely a performance issue. Visual rendering is subject to timeouts. Make the visuals render faster.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors