Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

neatmachine
Employee
Employee

Slicer values missing in embedded report with filter

Hello,

I've run into an issue with my embedded report. Whenever I include a filter in the query parameters, my slicer values disappear.

Ex:

I have a chart and three slices on fields X, Y, Z. I've embedded a report with the query param '&filter=table/fieldQ = 3'. Field Q is not fields X, Y, or Z in my slicers. The data in fields X, Y, and Z are also not restricted by the filter on Q (nor is this behavior the same on PowerBI Desktop for the same filtered value)

Has anyone run into this? Does using a filter in the query string of an embedded report disable all slicers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
neatmachine
Employee
Employee

Well...I found the issue.

My slicers each had their own filters on an individual value. I just needed to clear them.

Apparently the relationship(s) between slicers and filters differ in some way(s) between embedded and non-embedded reports, since the behavior was different between the two.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
neatmachine
Employee
Employee

Well...I found the issue.

My slicers each had their own filters on an individual value. I just needed to clear them.

Apparently the relationship(s) between slicers and filters differ in some way(s) between embedded and non-embedded reports, since the behavior was different between the two.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @neatmachine 

Could this be happening because there is no value for the value Q

So the slicer does not show any values because of what is set in the query parameter?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello, thanks for the tip!

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be the issue. The chart itself has data for the filtered value, and that data matches what I see when I filter the report locally/not-embedded. The only difference is that the embedded report loses the slicer values (the server/local report does not).

The query param looks like this:

&filter=Table/Field eq 27745138

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors