Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArchStanton
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Should I go Premium?

Hi,

I'm not sure if upgrading to PowerBi Premium is the right thing to do - i'd be interested to hear the thoughts of the experts on here please.
For some background, I currently work in an organisation that has <200 employees and PowerBI Pro licenses have been issued to the relevant dozen or so employees in order to view MI that I publish every month. Everything is working fine as it is but every month I need to rely on 12-15 email subscriptions each showing one page of a key report that I then file away in Outlook. In an ideal world I would like the report to be emailed in its entirety on the 1st of every month but that option is only available in Premium.

No one else would need to have a Premium license apart from me so cost isn't really an issue however, I have been reading and watching articles saying that Premium would be a waste if its only for one person, namely the analyst (me).

What would you experts advise? Is it overkill going for premium in my situation?

Thanks.

ps. My Powerbi is connected to a live system

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ArchStanton 

According to your description going premium is like going fancy 🙂

Premium is worth considering it when there is 500+ Power bi users in an organisation. 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jragan
Frequent Visitor

Keep in mind there is a difference between Premium-Per-User and Premium-Per-Capacity. Premium-Per-Capacity is going away at the end of this year with everything moving to Fabri (F) skus (instead of P skus).

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/important-update-coming-to-power-bi-premium-licensing/

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ArchStanton 

According to your description going premium is like going fancy 🙂

Premium is worth considering it when there is 500+ Power bi users in an organisation. 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

The only benefit I can see is that I will be able to export all 20 pages of my report in one go whenever I want to share it. A feature like that should be available with a Pro license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors