Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

syasmin25
Helper V
Helper V

Sharing report without email notification

Hello, 

I used to be able to share reports with users without sending them an email notification. Is that option no longer available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You still can do, but the new sharing method has made it a little more difficult. Now when you go to "Share Report" you get a "send Link" dialogue, click on the three dots at the top to the left of the X. From there you can select "manage permissions" . Then on the Manage Permission bar click the + next to "Direct Access". That gives access to the grant access dialogue, where your can select the report recipients and untick the "send an email notification" then click "grant access". The report will appear in the recipients "shared with me" folder with no email notification sent.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlexSh

Did anybody find the solution? I have the same issue

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You still can do, but the new sharing method has made it a little more difficult. Now when you go to "Share Report" you get a "send Link" dialogue, click on the three dots at the top to the left of the X. From there you can select "manage permissions" . Then on the Manage Permission bar click the + next to "Direct Access". That gives access to the grant access dialogue, where your can select the report recipients and untick the "send an email notification" then click "grant access". The report will appear in the recipients "shared with me" folder with no email notification sent.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi Stuart

I followed the steps above but the person still got the email, I have a pro account and the person is outside my organization. Is there a way around this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors