Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vineetdutt
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sharing - "That shared report view isn't available"

Hello

In my scorecard I have metrics based on a filtered view of my report.

This has been working fine for months but as  of last week I get the following message when I click on the "Current Value source" within the scorecard metric.

"That shared report view isn't available - We couldn't load the sender's customized view of the report (filters etc) because it expired.You're viewing the report's default view"

QUESTION = Since I am the admin for these reports, is there a setting so that these metric filtered connection will not expire or can be renewed?

My alternative seems to be to reconnect each one of my metrics again to it's data source.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

after taking to Microsoft, this is by Design - it is an idea, see link below...

I am going to see if I can use power automate to open up the links each month or so to keep them active.

https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=ce27c40c-64d8-ed11-9139-281878bdbbb9

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
vineetdutt
Advocate I
Advocate I

sorry I had a typo in my earlier response - I meant to say that I used "Power Automate for Desktop" - this allows you to record steps like you would do as a macro.

I bascially recorded my actions by openeing up each one of the reports via my scorecard via chrome browser. Once all these actions were recorded, then you can play them back to make sure it works as expected - sometimes it is worth splitting up your flow into subflows if you have a lot of steps - since I have quite a few reports, I also adjusted how my tabs are shown under google preferences so it worked a bit more smootly in this regard. 

I did all this on my computer and run the script evey few months.

Note - I tried to automate the running of the script every few months as well but unfortunately for that it needs premium services under power automate.

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vineetdutt ,

The root reason for this error is that the customized view you shared has expired. When you click on the “Include my change” in the sharing report page, Power BI will generate a 180-day customized view link. You can share the report again and share the new link to the end-user so that he can view the report in the customized view again.

vbinbinyumsft_0-1692841660715.png

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

i was getting the same message even though I am the admin for the report so this was not limited to the people I shared it with. It seems like this 180 expiration applies across the board.

I ended up doing a metric reconnect so it would work for everybody again. 

Do you know if this expiration period can be changed from 180 to a higher number or to not expire at all?

after taking to Microsoft, this is by Design - it is an idea, see link below...

I am going to see if I can use power automate to open up the links each month or so to keep them active.

https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=ce27c40c-64d8-ed11-9139-281878bdbbb9

Were you successful?

yes, in the sense that I used power bi desktop to automate the manual steps. 

Power BI Desktop or Power Automate? Can you share the steps you used? We just ran across this too and don't want to have to worry about manually updating multiple links every 180 days.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors