Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mattula
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint List to Power Bi Date Error

Hi Everyone 

I have an error receiving data from a sharepoint list into my PowerBi report. Which I do not understand what is happening. 

My sharepoint receives information from a form, include Date. However when it appears in my PowerBi report the date has changed to one day earlier. 

Please see the below 

Mattula_0-1712314580326.png

Powerbi 

Mattula_1-1712314655993.png

You can see the boxing is on the 4th & 5th Sharepoint but the 3rd & 4th on PowerBi. 

I am not performing any actions on the PowerBi. Literally just importing the data. 

I have removed the data and re-imported it 

Cleared the cache in PowerBi 

Still have the issue. Interesting it seems to only happen past the 31/03/2024, all dates after this date are 1 day earlier than they should be. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Mattula
Frequent Visitor

I have checked and my sharepoint list is set to UTC. How is this issue occurring and how do I fix it? 

treat your timestamps as DateTimeZone type in Power Query

I have done this but it hasn't resolved the issue. The date from sharepoint is still changing in PowerBi 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Both Power BI Service and SharePoint service run on UTC.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors