Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Chris-TX
Frequent Visitor

Shared Report doesn't show updates to recipients

Hello all,

Hoping this has an easy fix!  I have a report built on desktop (source=sharepoint excel file), and published to the web.

Something strange happened today: i updated the report on desktop, and did a manual refresh on Power BI service.  All worked great.  However, my report is shared with a couple other people, and they can't see any updated refresh on their end!  I tried republishing, didn't work.  I could see it on my end on Service clear as day, updated 4/1, but my colleagues show last updated 3/31 with outdated information.

Manual refresh and republsihing didn't work.  The only thing that worked was to reshare with them.  Is there a reason why my receipiets weren't able to view updated information?  One time glitch in the matrix perhaps, because I feel like this hasn't been an issue in the past?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I assume the users have refresh their browsers? Usually the data is cached, and it will not update until you refersh the browser. If they did, it could be just a glitch.

Thank you.  Yes, they refreshed the visuals on the dashboard and refreshed their overall browers to no success. I'll just chock it up to an odd bug and hope for better performance in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors