Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nikola_Veskovic
Frequent Visitor

Shareable views limitation in Power BI

Hi,

We have a lot of different reports in the company, and with that there are many slicers and parameters to chose fromLink sharing.png (actuals, ytd, PY, market, region, account etc..) so they often use share link with Include my changes option selected.

However, a problem has appeared for one person now that when trying to share they are not able to do it since they reached the maximum limit of shareable views. Apparently the limit is 250. Is there a way to increase this limit, or we would have to delete previously created links to reduce the number below that so it works again? I tried to find documentation about it but I was unsuccessful. 

2 REPLIES 2
Nikola_Veskovic
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the answer. There is no issue with number of people receiving the link, it is with the person trying to share the link with different selections chosen from the report. When they want to click Share and to select include my changes (so for example they chose vs Budget instead of PY) they are not able to do it since they reached the maximum number of creating Shareable links. And for that part I am wondering is there a way to increase that limit or we have to delete previous links to free up space?

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nikola_Veskovic ,

From this official document can see, you can give more than 500 users access to an item.

This is by design and can't be changed, but here're some suggestions:

• Share multiple times by specifying the users individually.
  • Share with a user group that contains all the users.
  • Create the report or dashboard in a workspace, then create an app from the workspace. You can share the app with many more people. Read more about publishing apps in Power BI.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors