Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TiGGowich
Helper I
Helper I

Share dashboard internally with people without Power Bi (or license)

Hi all,

I have been googling around and the findings and suggested solutions have not been satisfactory.

I want to share a dashboard internally. I am using the "embed report" function via "Website or portal" (the web public option is not available to me due to security reasons I assume).

I want to share this dashboard with people from my organization who either have a Power Bi license, and those without a license (... or app).

Is there a way of doing this, and how would I do that? This is really frustrating... how can it be so hard to just share this with my colleagues...

Many Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @TiGGowich 

If you're not using "Publish to web" then anyone you share with needs a Power BI licence of some sort.

What licence they need depends on what licences you have and the Workspace you have the Report in.

Burningsuit_0-1665759550478.png

It is the workspace type that defines what licence is required. For the Workspace or the App built from that Workspace the licence requirements are as follows:

Pro workspace, including "My Workspace" - content or App can be shared with Pro and PPU licences.

Premium Per User (PPU) workspace - content or App can be shared with PPU licences

Premium Capacity workspace - content or App can be shared with Pro, PPU and Free licences.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @TiGGowich 

If you're not using "Publish to web" then anyone you share with needs a Power BI licence of some sort.

What licence they need depends on what licences you have and the Workspace you have the Report in.

Burningsuit_0-1665759550478.png

It is the workspace type that defines what licence is required. For the Workspace or the App built from that Workspace the licence requirements are as follows:

Pro workspace, including "My Workspace" - content or App can be shared with Pro and PPU licences.

Premium Per User (PPU) workspace - content or App can be shared with PPU licences

Premium Capacity workspace - content or App can be shared with Pro, PPU and Free licences.

Hope this helps

Stuart

That is very interesting (and super frustrating to be honest). Thank you for the clarification.

How would I go about changing the type of workspace then?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors