Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

yohannest_adeba

Share Power BI Admin Role

I have a power bi which is linked to 3 datasets(data sources) that are stored in my one drive. I also have developed a few queries that work on these datasets. I have been using the power bi desktop to refresh and publish the report. The queries require a chronological refresh.

Case: I will be on long leave for some time soon. I am assigned to train another person(new to power bi) so he does my role.   below are my questions.

1. I expect him to update the 3 data sources on my one drive on a weekly basis first.

2. After updating the datasets he is expected to refresh/publish the power bi. (so viewers get the latest update)

3. is there any way to let him work on my power bi?

4. does he have to publish his own power bi and assign a user role?

5. is there a way he only updates the source datasets and the power bi refresh automatically by itself? if yes can the queries refresh by order? 

yohannest_adeba_0-1669650843761.png

3 REPLIES 3
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @yohannest_adeba 

the answer to all your questions could be simply by installing a Gateway that will take care of the refresh automatically.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Thank you for this. Now it is auto-refreshing only when my laptop is on. Is there any way for it to autorefresh even if my laptop is off? The main table is a SharePoint list. the other files are found on one drive. is there a means to update from the cloud without depending on my laptop?

@yohannest_adeba 

Yes, Sharepoint List and OneDrive for Business are both cloud solutions therefore no need for Gateways or your Laptop for refresh. The files that are in One Drive in your laptop need to be uploaded to OneDrive for business and then you will have to change connections in your report. 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors