Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rkaushik2007k

Service Now Power BI Connector

Hi,

I want to use the Power BI Service with Service Now connector for a small demo. I am using the free version of Power BI for the purpose of the Demo. But when I looked at Service Now Connector it shows that it is a licensed connector. Can I use this connector for a demo version of the Service now instance? My demo is next month and wants to make sure that the connector should not expire. Please guide me on how can I use Service Now Connector.  I would appreciate if you can bring some light on this. 

Power BI connector for Service now: ServiceNow Store

Regards

Rajaniesh

5 REPLIES 5
rkaushik2007k

Thx for the response. I really appreciate it. I will contact you if I need yo extend it

Hey @rkaushik2007k 

We're developers of Power BI Connector for Servicenow https://store.servicenow.com/sn_appstore_store.do#!/store/application/87a42573879e0110fb5033773cbb35....

You may install it on your subproduction instance for a free 30-days trial. If it's not enough just let us know and we'll extend your trial for additional 30 or even 60 days.

While working with our Connector you may use free Power BI Desktop app.

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions, we'll be happy to assist!

Best regards,

Anton

rkaushik2007k

Thanks for your mail I will try to use it as it is free

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rkaushik2007k 

You can refer to the link, it described that only ServiceNow System Admin has permission to work with the connector by default and can assign user roles to work with Power BI Connector

Connect ServiceNow to Power BI: Integration Setup Guide (entrepreneur.com)

It is better that you create a dedicated reporting database containing a copy of the data. Either on-premise DB or an Azure one. And then connecting Power BI to this traditional database.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Xinru Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @rkaushik2007k 

It appears that you can use it for free, which should be long enough until you have your demo?

ServiceNow Power BI Integration: How to Connect ServiceNow to Power BI (alphaservesp.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors