Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RS_123
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled report refresh fails time to time

I have setup scheduled refresh to refresh daily a report that I built. The refresh fails from time to time but when I use refresh now, the on-demand works and the report gets refreshed. When the automatic refresh fails, I get the following error: Your data gateway (personal mode) is offline or could not be reached. Ensure the gateway computer is on and you are logged on to it during the scheduled refresh period.

I am using personal gateway and the status shows that running on <personal computer>. My computer is on during the scheduled refresh time.

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RS_123 

1. Could you please check if the computer that installing personal mode gateway is on? Also please find the Personal gateway from the Start menu and Sign in again, then check if the above error still occurs.

2. As per this article, you shouldn't install a gateway on a computer, such a laptop, that may be turned off, asleep, or not connected to the Internet because the gateway can't run under any of those circumstances. 

3. Please kindly make sure you're using the latest version. 

4. Please note that when you configure the personal gateway, you need to sign in with either a work account or a school account. This account is an organization account. If you signed up for an Office 365 offering and didn't supply your work email address, your address might look like nancy@contoso.onmicrosoft.com. Your account is stored within a tenant in Azure AD. In most cases, your Azure AD account’s User Principal Name (UPN) will match the email address.

4. To be a workaround, I 'd  suggest you register a new on-premises gateway follow below steps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-install 

And then add the data source under it.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RS_123 

1. Could you please check if the computer that installing personal mode gateway is on? Also please find the Personal gateway from the Start menu and Sign in again, then check if the above error still occurs.

2. As per this article, you shouldn't install a gateway on a computer, such a laptop, that may be turned off, asleep, or not connected to the Internet because the gateway can't run under any of those circumstances. 

3. Please kindly make sure you're using the latest version. 

4. Please note that when you configure the personal gateway, you need to sign in with either a work account or a school account. This account is an organization account. If you signed up for an Office 365 offering and didn't supply your work email address, your address might look like nancy@contoso.onmicrosoft.com. Your account is stored within a tenant in Azure AD. In most cases, your Azure AD account’s User Principal Name (UPN) will match the email address.

4. To be a workaround, I 'd  suggest you register a new on-premises gateway follow below steps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-install 

And then add the data source under it.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors